How are child custody arrangements determined?

Child custody arrangements are made during the divorce process. They are not included in prenuptial or postnuptial agreements. These arrangements need a lot of thought that goes into it. First, the best interests of the children should always be put first. The children’s health and safety is the most important factor. Factors that involve the parents must be considered as well. It needs to be determined how much each parent can provide for the child. Custody arrangements are split into physical and legal custody. Physical custody names one parent as the custodial parent after divorce. This means that the child will reside with this parent on a regular basis in their home. Although the child may be able to spend time in their other parent’s home, the custodial parent is the one that they will see more of the time. The non-custodial parent may be given visitation rights or parenting time. However, this depends on a case by case basis since all aspects of the parents’ lives and family are taken into account to decide what is best for the child. Legal custody refers to the ability to make decisions for your child. When parents are given this right, they can decide on important issues for the child’s well-being.

Divorce can be hard on children since they may not be able to comprehend the full extent of it. It is important to recognize any signs of changed behavior that are present in the child and can have an impact on their overall happiness. The custody arrangement that is made can have a big impact on their behavior. It is important to monitor this. When parents cooperate with one another and act amicably, they may be able to ease the child’s transition. Whether a parent acquires physical or legal custody, they are still able to be involved in their child’s life.

Can my former spouse face consequences for not following custody arrangements?

Custody arrangements are court-ordered agreements. This means that they are legally binding and they must be followed. Parents must follow these arrangements or they may face penalties in retribution of their lack of cooperation. If your former spouse is not cooperating with the agreement that was made, you have the right to file a motion with the court. The judge can review the case and figure out a final decision. Your former spouse may face consequences for their inability to cooperate.

Before taking any sort of legal action, it is important to discuss your legal matter with an experienced attorney. Contact The Radol Law Firm to discuss any divorce and family law matters you may be faced with.