Modification and Enforcement

Bergen County Modification & Enforcement Attorneys

Representing NJ Clients Through Post-Judgment Actions in Family Law Cases

When a court passes judgment on a divorce or family law matter, that order is binding. Though a court does its best to be fair and just to all parties, some things are out of their hands. Post-judgment actions, including requests for modifications and enforcement, can be complicated. A court will decide on topics including alimony, child support, child custody, property distribution, and more. When a party faces significant life changes that impact their ability to follow the court order, they may need legal assistance to request modifications. When a party purposefully disregards the judge’s word, the other party may need to request intervention through an enforcement order. Whatever the situation, protecting one’s rights through post-judgment legal actions is imperative. If you need an experienced attorney to help you through either of these matters, contact The Radol Law Firm for an initial consultation to discuss your legal options.

Post-judgment modification

There are many reasons for a person to request a post-judgment modification. The future can change in an instance and courts are willing to hear requests for modification to orders involving marital issues. In order for a court to grant the modification, the party must demonstrate evidence of a significant, unforeseen, and ongoing change to one’s life. A party may request a change to the spousal support obligation if faced with a loss of employment, changing wages, illness, and more. Child custody and visitation arrangements may change based on relocation issues, change of employment, medical issues with the child or parent, negative changes in school performance and more. Child support can be changed for many reasons, including a change of income, change of custody, loss of employment and more. When requesting a modification to a court order, it is important to have quality legal support through the process.

Post-judgment enforcement

When a court decides on a family law matter, all parties must adhere to the order. When a couple comes to terms outside of court with an Agreement, their contract is binding. When a party ignores an order or the terms of an agreement, the other party may need to take legal action to request a court’s intervention. To request a court’s help, one must file a Post-Judgment Motion to enforce one’s rights. The court may employ a number of tactics to protect your rights, including wage garnishing and the possibility of the deceptive party being held in contempt of court.

Contact The Radol Law Firm

Court orders must be followed. New Jersey courts take this matter seriously. If you are not able to adhere to the terms of a court order and have good reason to request a modification, you should contact our firm to discuss your matter. If you are being impacted by the actions of someone disregarding a court order, you need effective legal representation. Our firm has over 30 years of experience helping clients with post-judgment motions. To schedule an appointment, contact The Radol Law Firm for a consultation.