Sarah N. Gloates Horta
Sarah N. Gloates Horta graduated The Pennsylvania State University – College of Liberal Arts with a Bachelor of Science in Crime, Law, and Justice. Ms. Horta received her Juris Doctorate degree from the Thomas M. Cooley Law School.
Ms. Horta is admitted to practice law in the State of New Jersey. In addition, she is admitted to the United States District Court for the District of New Jersey. She is also a member of the New Jersey State Bar Association, the Bergen County Bar Association, and the American Bar Association and the New Jersey Women Lawyers Association.
Since joining in 2015, she has been significantly involved in the Young Lawyers Section of the Bergen County Bar Association. In 2018, Ms. Horta was honored to become the President-Elect of the Young Lawyer’s Section of the Bergen County Bar Association having already served out her term as Vice President (2017) and Secretary (2016). She was honored to be sworn in by the Honorable Bonnie J. Mizdol, A.J.S.C as President-Elect in the featured image below.
On September 16, 2019, Ms. Horta was sworn in as President of the Young Lawyers Section of the Bergen County Bar Association, as featured in the image below.
Before entering private practice, Ms. Horta served as a Judicial Extern to the Honorable Bonnie J. Mizdol, A.J.S.C. in Bergen County, while Judge Mizdol was presiding over the Family Division.
- New Jersey
- United States District Court for District of New Jersey
- New Jersey State Bar Association
- Bergen County Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- New Jersey Women Lawyers Association
- Bergen County Bar Association, Young Lawyers Division, President (2019), President-Elect (2018), Vice President (2017-Present), Secretary (2016-2017)
- Thomas M. Cooley Law School, Juris Doctor, Law
- Pennsylvania State University, Bachelor of Science, Crime, Law, and Justice